No Love For Fatties invites us to join in on her Paint Chip Poetry by creating our own poem inspired by the paint chip colors of the week. I think this is a really creative and fun idea so I’m giving it a try. Check out her original post and join in too if you feel inspired.Paint Chip Poetry
I never planned to age gracefully;
I never planned to age at all;
But with every attempt to abort a failure,
I’m still here;
Well, most of me;
I find myself disappearing top down;
Almost nothing left on my crown;
So, it’s a shopping day;
What shall I go with?
There are so many choices:
Something more macho,
Or, perhaps one for each day?
A day-of-the-week toupee?
Yes, that’s it!
I’ve gotta take a pee, but I’ll be right back;
And I’ll take the multi-pack!
- Fiery WordsFiery Words Mind smoking; Thoughts igniting; Wishing to be said. Flash burning; Sparks flying; Escaping from my head. Embers cooling; Ash forming; FallingContinue reading “Fiery Words”
- Forgotten Dreams24th post for #bloganuary (a WordPress event) The Prompt: Write about a dream you remember. My Answer: … Be well, Monty
- Sketchy Attempt (Updated)I’m trying to learn how to sketch. It’s very much outside my wheelhouse. Still so much to learn. Day 10: Mug Day 9 PM: FemaleContinue reading “Sketchy Attempt (Updated)”
- Dear Father,23rd post for #bloganuary (a WordPress event) The Prompt: Interview a fictional character. I’m stretching this prompt a bit, but this is what I feelContinue reading “Dear Father,”
- Serenity, Courage, Wisdom22nd post for #bloganuary (a WordPress event) The Prompt: What is your favorite quote and why? My Answer: The serenity prayer because… Be well, Monty