I’m trying to learn how to sketch. It’s very much outside my wheelhouse. Still so much to learn.
Day 10: Mug
Day 9 PM: Female subject.
Day 9 AM: A new subject. I wanted to work on capturing reflection.
Day 8: A more refined version of Captain Jack.
Day 7: A new Subject.
Day 6: Changing things up today and I tried “blind sketching” where I did not look at the paper (or more accurately my tablet surface while drawing. The result:
Day 5 Update: Further refinement of Day 4’s sketch.
Day 3 pm and Day 4 Update: Trying to get a better likeness, but seeming to look more and more like a police sketch. Haha.
Day 3 Update: In this one I referenced a photo for proportions. I focused more on getting the shading right around the eyes to capture the brow structure.
Day 2 PM Update: In sketches #3 and #4 I worked on getting the facial feature’s more appropriately located (i.e. eyes centered).
Day 2 AM Update:
Original Drawing (Day 1):
- Patterns in the RoundBe well, Monty
- The Wanna-BelieverToday I pray for the first time,As a wanna-believer,For a taste of life’s colorful palette;To feel your love, your acceptance;To accept that I’m worthy ofContinue reading “The Wanna-Believer”
- The Heretic (an essay of sorts)For the most part, I don’t give a shit about results anymore. I know, I’m a heretic. Especially at work where the mantra is all’sContinue reading “The Heretic (an essay of sorts)”
- Sweet or Savory?I always thought I was sweet, but lately I’m wondering if I’m more savory. We are ultimately all complex in temperament and taste so notContinue reading “Sweet or Savory?”
- Playing with Tea TimeI’m playing. At times I may call myself an author, a poet, an illustrator, or other such titles, but at my essence I’m a childContinue reading “Playing with Tea Time”