Off This Caged Wheel
My mind’s pallet has turned grey;
Emptying me of anything positive to say.
All color stripped from life’s scenes;
Moody clouds obscure the sun’s beams.
Under their dark cover I lay shivering, so cold;
Tired of the constant toil, feeling too old.
To hibernate beyond the deep.
I’ll take the devil’s deal;
I want off this caged wheel;
Off this caged wheel.
- Gem (Sunday Scribblings)Peckapalooza over at The Confusing Middle runs a weekly prompt called Sunday Scribblings. Check out his post and join in the creativity! Sunday Scribblings #107Continue reading “Gem (Sunday Scribblings)”
- City of Wood (a Paint Chip Poem)No Love For Fatties invites us to join in on her Paint Chip Poetry by creating our own poem inspired by the paint chip colorsContinue reading “City of Wood (a Paint Chip Poem)”
- A MiracleAnother good reminder for myself. Originally published in Thirteen Words. Be well, Monty
- Joyful JackYesterday, upon returning home. Jack was super happy and excited to see me. Without a bath or a trim in over a month he isContinue reading “Joyful Jack”
- Day 18: Going HomeFor appropriate context, you will want to first read these posts: “Eleven Days Ago” , “Day 12”, and “Day 13”. This afternoon we will beContinue reading “Day 18: Going Home”