Paul, over at the Captain’s Speech hosted the first ever blogger games last year during the Summer Olympics. It was a fun time. The competition was fierce and although I made the podium once during the five week games, I didn’t place in the end. Well, the time is nigh for that to change. Peckapalooza from The Confusing Middle, one of my fellow contestants in the first games, has negotiated organizing rights with Paul and is hosting The Blogger Games II just in time to coincide with the winter games.The Blogger Games II – Week 4 (The Confusing Middle)
Well. Well. Well. I came into a lil’ touch of gold last week. It certainly felt nice. That’s the good news. The bad news is that I’ve got no idea on how to tackle this week’s games. I’ve been trying different strategies and I got one that worked last week…but there is no way to apply it to this week. Ah well, perhaps my strategy this week will just be “dumb luck”. Let’s get to it and see how this works out.
THE 10 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. What score did Peckapalooza want to play trumpet for in 7th grade band? A) Superman: The Movie B) Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves C) Back to the Future
Answer: B) Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. I don’t know any of these scores off the top of my head, but in my imagination Robin Hood would have some good trumpeteering.
2. Peckapalooza’s all-time favorite book? A) The Stand by Stephen King B) The Wonderful Wizard of Oz C) A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
Answer: C) A Wrinkle in Time. Because in my humble opinion it’s the superior option.
3. Peckapalooza’s fav vampire slayer? A) Kristy Swanson as Buffy Summers B) Sarah Michelle Geller as Buffy Summers C) Eliza Dushku as Faith Lebanese
Answer: C) Eliza Dushku . I’ve no idea. I did a quick google search with the plan on picking the most attractive (I know it’s shallow but without watching the show, what criteria should I use). Anyway, none of them seemed particularly attractive to me…although if they are kicking-ass in the show that can add a significant degree of sexiness so it’s very possible that their headshots didn’t do them justice. Pure guess.
4. Peckapalooza’s fav Hitchcock flick? A) Rear Window B) Psycho C) Vertigo
Answer: A) Rear Window. Gosh, entertainment isn’t my category. I’ve, maybe scene snippets of these movies but never watched any of them fully through. Another call for pure luck.
5. Peckapalooza’s fav mainline Final Fantasy ? A) IV B) VII C) XII
Answer: A) IV. Never played Final Fantasy so…
6. Which of these films outperformed their respective books according to Peckapalooza? A) The Shining B) A Walk to Remember C) The Hunger Games
Answer: A) The Shining. I’m only confident that its not The Hunger Games. 50/50 shot in the dark.
7. Which film’s actress has a Twitter crush on Peckapalooza? A) Blades of Glory B) Step Brothers C) Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.
Answer: B) Step Brothers. This would take a LOT of research to figure out. Research I’m NOT going to do.
8: Which love birds are most believable to Peckapalooza? A) Rocky and Adrian B) Han and Leia C? Neo and Trinity
Answer: A) Rocky and Adrian. I’m thinking their gritty love story is the right one.
9. Which concert did Peckapalooza snub? A) Black-Eyed Peas B) Tim McGraw C) Miranda Lambert
Answer: B) Tim McGraw. I’m projecting on which one I would have snubbed, but it’s still a 50/50 shot. I’d likely only have seen the Black-Eyed Peas.
10) Who did Peckapalooza and his college friend make fun of? A) Steve Urkel B) Samual “Screech” Powers C) Angus MacGyver
Answer: B) Samual “Screech” Powers. Nobody makes fun of MacGyver…but, his name was Angus?…seriously?!
After this quiz I feel like I must have tuned out of the entertainment industry. Maybe it’s because I grew up in a rural area that had virtually no TV reception and even radio was severely limited? I’ve got nothin’.
- A MiracleAnother good reminder for myself. Originally published in Thirteen Words. Be well, Monty
- Joyful JackYesterday, upon returning home. Jack was super happy and excited to see me. Without a bath or a trim in over a month he isContinue reading “Joyful Jack”
- Day 18: Going HomeFor appropriate context, you will want to first read these posts: “Eleven Days Ago” , “Day 12”, and “Day 13”. This afternoon we will beContinue reading “Day 18: Going Home”
- Thirteen SpiceI picked up a snack at the hospital lobby cafe. It’s a Thirteen Spice crawfish flavored pretzel stick (pic below). I’m a big fan ofContinue reading “Thirteen Spice”
- Found Poetry x WordleSo I have an idea that combines two of my favorite things and creates what I hope might be a new favorite thing. I loveContinue reading “Found Poetry x Wordle”