For those of you that have been following me, you know that I’ve been doing a couple of challenges this month in celebration of April being national/global poetry month.
First, I’ve been doing the #AtoZChallenge with a theme of “Seriously Silly Poetry” — this series will continue on till the end of the month. I do hope your enjoying some laughs as I’ve had a lot of fun writing these. I’ve actually already completed writing (and illustrating) them and I already miss the daily injection of silly thoughts from the writing process.
I’ve also been doing (and just completed) 13 poetic form prompts that were provided by A Different Perspective. I learned a lot from this exercise and very much enjoyed “stretching my mind” with all the new (to me) forms. I highly encourage you to check out A Different Perspective’s post to read and/or participate in the challenge which is open all month.
Needless to say, I’ve been a very productive poet this month and I’m not in the mood to slow down now. So with a little digging I found another series of poetry prompts being provided by NaPoWriMo.net – 30 Poems in 30 Days. The latest prompt is for 18 April, so I’m going to start with this one and then see how it goes as to whether I work to catch-up with the prior prompts or just carry on forward.
Write a poem that provides five answers to the same question – without ever specifically identifying the question that is being answered.NaPoWriMo.net
This sounds pretty interesting. Now I have to think of a (secret) question then wax poetic – hmm. Let’s see. Ok, I’m ready. Let’s go!
Five Answers to a Question
First, to understand.
Myself. You. Us.
Second, to accept.
The good. The bad. The everything.
Third. to forgive.
Myself. You. Us.
Fourth, to appreciate.
The hidden blessings, silver linings, and hard lessons.
Fifth, to love.
Myself. You. Us.
And when I stumble and fall, I find my footing, I stand and seek once again to understand. To accept. To forgive. To appreciate. To love. Myself. You. Us.
And when you stumble and fall, I lift you up, and while holding you steady I seek to understand. To accept. To forgive. To appreciate. To love. Myself. You. Us.
And if we both stumble and fall. We begin again at the beginning. Seeking to understand. Finding acceptance and forgiveness. Learning to appreciate. Learning to love. Myself. You. Us.
Well that felt good to express. What do you think? Can you guess what question I was answering? I would love to hear your thoughts.
- Getting OrganizedI spent a couple hours in the early morning yesterday cleaning up my home workspace. I didn’t take a before picture but, trust me, itContinue reading “Getting Organized”
- The Greens are VibrantWe’ve entered the rainy season here in Shanghai. I believe today is the official first day, but we got a little head start. The greensContinue reading “The Greens are Vibrant”
- Reading LukeAt the recommendation of my brother I’m reading Luke in the Bible. I’ve tried to read the Bible before but I always got stuck earlyContinue reading “Reading Luke”
- Gone Bald (Again)I did it. I shaved it all off. This isn’t my first time. The first time was my senior year in high school. Or moreContinue reading “Gone Bald (Again)”
- UnstapledI took Mrs. Monty in to the hospital today to have her surgical staples removed. She was a trouper as she alway is. It clearlyContinue reading “Unstapled”
- Partially FiguredBe well, Monty
- 3amI’ve been waking up at about 3am the past week or so. I’m fully awake and there is no question that my sleep for theContinue reading “3am”
- HorizonBe well, Monty
- Wound UpWound Up Amorphous thoughts twirling and whirling; rushing through widening gaps in my failing damn mind! Splashing forcefully against blade; Spinning my wheels and gearsContinue reading “Wound Up”
- PlayfulBe well, Monty
- Dragon in FlightBe well, Monty
- All of MeAll of Me The beauty in God, as I am coming to understand Him, is that He is all knowing. That I don’t need toContinue reading “All of Me”
- Morning ConcertIt’s drizzling around me. I first noticed the patter upon the umbrella above. A little too heavy to be the mosquitos dancing. A little tooContinue reading “Morning Concert”
- The Day After YesterdayThe Day After Yesterday The morning is cool. The air is a fresh floral green.The light is bright beyond the shade tree’s shadow. My mindContinue reading “The Day After Yesterday”
- Another Floral PatternBe well, Monty
- Weave TooBe well, Monty
- WeaveBe well, Monty
- Painted FlowersPainted Flowers I bought these flowers for my wife yesterday. An early nod to Mother’s Day. Since we are having guests over at the houseContinue reading “Painted Flowers”
- On ExhibitBe well, Monty
- A Little More Than a DrizzleThe birds are insistent today. I don’t speak their language, but I get their point. It’s a brand new day and the wonder of thatContinue reading “A Little More Than a Drizzle”
- The HumanThe Human I saw the figure as I turned the corner —Cold, calloused, and oddly angled; Creepy. Nightmarish. A Human. It smelt something awful. MustContinue reading “The Human”
- StrangersBe well, Monty
- Another Garden DawdlerIt’s time for Rory’s Garden Dawdler again — nine questions posed once a week for our answering pleasure. Back in my garden and impressed withContinue reading “Another Garden Dawdler”
- FiguresBe well, Monty
- Willing and AbleWilling and AbleHe is willing, am I?Am I willing to let go, let God?To plant my seeds of doubtAnd trust faith will flourish? He isContinue reading “Willing and Able”
- An Exercise IIIBe well, Monty
- An Exercise IIBe well, Monty
- Under the Pi Pa TreeI’m sitting under the pi pa tree observing hundreds of yet to ripen fruits. I wonder what pi pa jam tastes like? It was justContinue reading “Under the Pi Pa Tree”
- An ExerciseBe well, Monty
- Morning RideMorning Ride Her arms wrapped around me,Wanting more, I sped up;She held on tighter;I smiled into the rushing wind,Wishing I could go faster. Mrs. MontyContinue reading “Morning Ride”
- An Old SketchAn Old Sketch What’s this?A tree yet to be.Or, If roasted,A fragrant snack. Be well, Monty
The answers all pointed me to the simple yet complex question of “What is marriage?” I’d love to know if I was close to the correct question!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ll see if anyone else wants to posit a guess then let you know.