With a little digging I found another series of poetry prompts being provided by NaPoWriMo – 30 Poems in 30 Days. I’m starting in the middle and I’ll see how it goes as to whether I work to catch-up with the prior prompts or just carry on forward.
Write a poem that uses similes inspired by “hard-boiled” detective novels.NaPoWriMo.net
Please forgive my gutter brain on this one.
Suffocate upon these epic words like a fly trapped below a fat ass in a port-a-potty at the county fair.
Their meaning denser than a black hole or even the politician stumping at the fair, kissing fried butter and eating babies.
Contemplate their depth with the passionate attention of a carny dog scratching its anal itch.
Then you will see the bright light at the end of the tunnel like the worm reaching the final inches in that very same dog’s arse.
Yes, these words are THAT epic.
- Patterns in the RoundBe well, Monty
- The Wanna-BelieverToday I pray for the first time,As a wanna-believer,For a taste of life’s colorful palette;To feel your love, your acceptance;To accept that I’m worthy ofContinue reading “The Wanna-Believer”
- The Heretic (an essay of sorts)For the most part, I don’t give a shit about results anymore. I know, I’m a heretic. Especially at work where the mantra is all’sContinue reading “The Heretic (an essay of sorts)”
- Sweet or Savory?I always thought I was sweet, but lately I’m wondering if I’m more savory. We are ultimately all complex in temperament and taste so notContinue reading “Sweet or Savory?”
- Playing with Tea TimeI’m playing. At times I may call myself an author, a poet, an illustrator, or other such titles, but at my essence I’m a childContinue reading “Playing with Tea Time”
- Running Free (a Paint Chip Poem)No Love For Fatties invites us to join in on her Paint Chip Poetry by creating our own poem inspired by the paint chip colorsContinue reading “Running Free (a Paint Chip Poem)”
- 我爱你 （I Love You）This is a culmination of my recent work exploring the use of Chinese characters and exploring “found patterns”. 我爱你，meaning “I love you” and pronounced “woContinue reading “我爱你 （I Love You）”
- Abundance of Love （爱）These images were created by writing in script the Chinese character “爱” (pronounced “ai”, meaning love) and repeating/overlapping in various configurations. This is a follow-upContinue reading “Abundance of Love （爱）”
- 我 Found PatternThis image was created by writing in script the Chinese character “我” (meaning “I”) and rotating it in four directions, repeated four times. Those ofContinue reading “我 Found Pattern”
- Awaiting6:06 am MondayI’ve been up for sixty-six minutes. The air conditioning unit is already working hard. Downstairs the TV is blaring. I snuck down toContinue reading “Awaiting”
- Dancing with FansBe well, Monty
- Another Time10:57am Sunday morning. I was supposed to speak to my brother today but he was a no show. I wrote him a poem a weekContinue reading “Another Time”
- Winter’s ScenesBe well, Monty
- Turned On3:32amSitting in the broken darknessTyping by the glare of a screen that’s well past its bed time, turned onBy my restless mind and compliant touchUsuallyContinue reading “Turned On”
- More Found PatternsBe well, Monty
- Hand WorkBe well, Monty
- Slipping Out of My MindThis is not a poem. These are my words slipping out of my mind onto the page. Escaping the cage of needing to mean somethingContinue reading “Slipping Out of My Mind”
- Found PatternsBe well, Monty
- Found PatternsBe well, Monty
- Cherished (a Paint Chip Poem)No Love For Fatties invites us to join in on her Paint Chip Poetry by creating our own poem inspired by the paint chip colorsContinue reading “Cherished (a Paint Chip Poem)”
- PerhapsPerhaps I am a yellowed and creased paper with a bold headline announcing a Monday from yesteryear’s breaking news. Perhaps I am a spider, crushedContinue reading “Perhaps”
- FigurativelyBe well, Monty
- “Re-Souled”He spoke of a soft heart;Of kindness and acceptance;Supple from hard use,Like a pair of well-worn boots;More than once “re-souled”. His face familiar,This man, aContinue reading ““Re-Souled””
- Art at PlayBe well, Monty
- Within the WallsI slept within the wallsSqueezed between the heavy plasterSmothered by insulation andTangled in wires A kick of my healBreaks through into yellowed lightExposing studs fromContinue reading “Within the Walls”
- Working at ArtBe well, Monty
- Moody Waters (a Paint Chip Poem)No Love For Fatties invites us to join in on her Paint Chip Poetry by creating our own poem inspired by the paint chip colorsContinue reading “Moody Waters (a Paint Chip Poem)”
- Warning LabelJust me pondering “what if?” What if I came with a warning label?Fine print of legalese oversharing about the unwanted side effects that you riskContinue reading “Warning Label”
- Sweets (a Paint Chip Poem)No Love For Fatties invites us to join in on her Paint Chip Poetry by creating our own poem inspired by the paint chip colorsContinue reading “Sweets (a Paint Chip Poem)”
- Lady in WoodBe well, Monty