Do they make piñatas for the Day of the Dead? Or perhaps horrifying piñatas could become a thing for Halloween parties in the future (or are they already? I really don’t know). I’m pretty sure that my wife wouldn’t appreciate me having these thoughts about her, but the thoughts are there and I’m not one to keep them internalized (after all that would make one very empty and boring blog).
So there I was carefully squeezing my wife’s foot* (avoiding the incision sites). With all the swelling her foot looked and felt like a puffed up water balloon but perhaps a bit firmer, like a bloated dead fish. A firm but squishy sensation to touch. A black and blue bloated limb of flesh wrapped incompletely in white gauze stained dark in spots from dried blood by sight.
*Note: The doctor recommended this squeezing technique to help encourage circulation and bring down the swelling more quickly.
Anyway, I was doing this very serious task and what was my mind thinking about? Piñatas! Specifically a “dead leg piñata” that one would hang from a tree branch under a full moon. I envisioned costumed figures (ghosts and ghouls and skeletons and the like) circling the limb with their sticks getting ready to smack it with all their might to discover what surprises it held. And that’s were my brain froze. I couldn’t bare to think about what would actually come out from such a piñata. But then again perhaps it is a trick. After-all this piñata has been reinforced by three titanium brackets and fifteen titanium pins. I don’t think it will be giving up any of it’s prizes.
So there you have it. The musings of a disturbed mind. Your welcome.
- Getting OrganizedI spent a couple hours in the early morning yesterday cleaning up my home workspace. I didn’t take a before picture but, trust me, itContinue reading “Getting Organized”
- The Greens are VibrantWe’ve entered the rainy season here in Shanghai. I believe today is the official first day, but we got a little head start. The greensContinue reading “The Greens are Vibrant”
- Reading LukeAt the recommendation of my brother I’m reading Luke in the Bible. I’ve tried to read the Bible before but I always got stuck earlyContinue reading “Reading Luke”
- Gone Bald (Again)I did it. I shaved it all off. This isn’t my first time. The first time was my senior year in high school. Or moreContinue reading “Gone Bald (Again)”
- UnstapledI took Mrs. Monty in to the hospital today to have her surgical staples removed. She was a trouper as she alway is. It clearlyContinue reading “Unstapled”
- Partially FiguredBe well, Monty
- 3amI’ve been waking up at about 3am the past week or so. I’m fully awake and there is no question that my sleep for theContinue reading “3am”
- HorizonBe well, Monty
- Wound UpWound Up Amorphous thoughts twirling and whirling; rushing through widening gaps in my failing damn mind! Splashing forcefully against blade; Spinning my wheels and gearsContinue reading “Wound Up”
- PlayfulBe well, Monty
- Dragon in FlightBe well, Monty
- All of MeAll of Me The beauty in God, as I am coming to understand Him, is that He is all knowing. That I don’t need toContinue reading “All of Me”
- Morning ConcertIt’s drizzling around me. I first noticed the patter upon the umbrella above. A little too heavy to be the mosquitos dancing. A little tooContinue reading “Morning Concert”
- The Day After YesterdayThe Day After Yesterday The morning is cool. The air is a fresh floral green.The light is bright beyond the shade tree’s shadow. My mindContinue reading “The Day After Yesterday”
- Another Floral PatternBe well, Monty
- Weave TooBe well, Monty
- WeaveBe well, Monty
- Painted FlowersPainted Flowers I bought these flowers for my wife yesterday. An early nod to Mother’s Day. Since we are having guests over at the houseContinue reading “Painted Flowers”
- On ExhibitBe well, Monty
- A Little More Than a DrizzleThe birds are insistent today. I don’t speak their language, but I get their point. It’s a brand new day and the wonder of thatContinue reading “A Little More Than a Drizzle”
- The HumanThe Human I saw the figure as I turned the corner —Cold, calloused, and oddly angled; Creepy. Nightmarish. A Human. It smelt something awful. MustContinue reading “The Human”
- StrangersBe well, Monty
- Another Garden DawdlerIt’s time for Rory’s Garden Dawdler again — nine questions posed once a week for our answering pleasure. Back in my garden and impressed withContinue reading “Another Garden Dawdler”
- FiguresBe well, Monty
- Willing and AbleWilling and AbleHe is willing, am I?Am I willing to let go, let God?To plant my seeds of doubtAnd trust faith will flourish? He isContinue reading “Willing and Able”
- An Exercise IIIBe well, Monty
- An Exercise IIBe well, Monty
- Under the Pi Pa TreeI’m sitting under the pi pa tree observing hundreds of yet to ripen fruits. I wonder what pi pa jam tastes like? It was justContinue reading “Under the Pi Pa Tree”
- An ExerciseBe well, Monty
- Morning RideMorning Ride Her arms wrapped around me,Wanting more, I sped up;She held on tighter;I smiled into the rushing wind,Wishing I could go faster. Mrs. MontyContinue reading “Morning Ride”
- An Old SketchAn Old Sketch What’s this?A tree yet to be.Or, If roasted,A fragrant snack. Be well, Monty
Let the healing begin. It sounds like your wife may have a long road to recovery – give her my wishes for healing and rest…
LikeLiked by 1 person
Just don’t squeeze her foot to hard. I have a suspicion you won’t like what comes out of your wife, if you do.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I think your right!