I shivered through the night. We still have the summer cool bamboo mat on the bed and the light blanket wasn’t enough to hold in any body heat. But I’m pretty sure if we change everything over to fall/winter the weather will turn back to summer. And I’m enjoying the cooler weather so I don’t want to tempt fate.
I’m feeling a bit salty as today is the last day of the week long holiday and I have a seven-day work week ahead. Whoever came up with this practice of making us work on the weekends before and after a holiday are truly asses. We’ve missed so many holidays due to Covid lockdowns and quarantines these past years you would think they would be willing to gift us a day here and there and let us enjoy the weekend. I’m pretty sure productivity would be better if they did. But logic and compassion are not strong enough forces to combat the corporate machinery at work.
I’ve been on a medically advised diet these past six weeks or so. That may explain a little of my saltiness too. I’ve lost 10Kg (22 pounds) so I’m doing well with it, but “hangry” is a real emotion and I’m easily “annoyed” if not all out pissed off at times.
I took a “treat/cheat” day from my diet on Wednesday. I’d earned it. I captured photographic evidence so that I can indulge in the memories over the next few weeks when I’ll be keeping to good behavior. I’ve still got another 10Kg to go to get my BMI in “normal” range. It’s doable. I’ll do it. I’m looking forward to rediscovering my “lost wardrobe”. Just beware there may be some more salty days ahead.
- Floral PatternsYesterday I shared some pictures from my garden. Today I generated some patterns from the images. I’ll share both the original image and then theContinue reading “Floral Patterns”
- A Flowery ResponseI’ve been busy of late. Plugging away in preparation for April’s upcoming A to Z Challenge. I’m actually quite pleased with my progress and feelContinue reading “A Flowery Response”
- #AtoZ in 2023 Theme RevealWell it’s coming on April and that means its time to prepare for another #AtoZChallenge. Last year was my first year participating and my themeContinue reading “#AtoZ in 2023 Theme Reveal”
- Sunday Morn’I was the first to awake today. Even Jack was still nestled into his bedding, nose to tail. He stretched long as he rose ,Continue reading “Sunday Morn’”
- April On My MindApril is coming which means there are almost too many choices for artistic expression. April is (inter)National Poetry Month and for the past few years,Continue reading “April On My Mind”
- She’s at PeaceI don’t have a poem or vignette to mark her passing. At least not right now. She was ill for quite some time so herContinue reading “She’s at Peace”
- Geometry at PlayBe well, Monty
- SalutationBe well, Monty
- ContemplationBe well, Monty
- Eden’s DanceBe well, Monty
- We Bowed Before HimThe ten monks chanted. They chanted a well worn script of prayer. Together, but not quite in unison. Resonating with the constant beat of theContinue reading “We Bowed Before Him”
- Tea Time RoseBe well, Monty
- Sunday Morning RubsJack brought his blanket over to hang out with me this morning. He asked and received his Sunday morning rubs. It’s nice to feel useful.Continue reading “Sunday Morning Rubs”
- Playing with ColorBe well, Monty
- Diary of a DayBrother borrowed the car yesterday and reversed into a semi-truck. The amount of damage was less than one would expect when considering the foe, butContinue reading “Diary of a Day”
- I Went Out to Hear Silence“I Went Out to Hear” – writing prompt from James Crews’ “Weekly Pause” – I went out to hear SilenceBut her voice shattered Slicing throughContinue reading “I Went Out to Hear Silence”
- Assembly LineBe well, Monty
- A Bold PalletBe well, Monty
- It’s All AlrightIf you noticed, I’ve been trying to get back into a bit of a writing groove this week. I don’t always have something to say,Continue reading “It’s All Alright”
- Peeking Around the CornerBe well, Monty
- Forest Night SkyBe well, Monty
- Winter in My BonesShanghai FEELS cold during these wet winter days. Much colder than the thermometer declares. It’s as if winter here is an inside-out affair. Starting inContinue reading “Winter in My Bones”
- These DaysThese days are muddy. I put one foot slowly in front of the other. I only know that I’ve moved forward by looking backward atContinue reading “These Days”
- Portrait on WallBe well, Monty
- Six FoldsSix Folds I fold ingots out of silver coated paper;A delicate duty for my clumsy fingers;The thin papers too easy to tear;The silver coating tooContinue reading “Six Folds”
- Forest to SkyBe well, Monty
- Salting the EarthSalting the Earth Torrents of tears flow down streaky cheeked hillsPuddling into overflowing pools under footSalting the earth barrenStripping soil of it’s soulHis body nowContinue reading “Salting the Earth”
- Portrait in BlueBe well, Monty
- Under the Earth’s ShadowI lay awake under the earth’s shadowGentle breathing curled at my feetA companion in this darknessHolding guard against The cold reality and coming lightFor I’mContinue reading “Under the Earth’s Shadow”
- Blue HeronBe well, Monty
- Endure MeEndure meEndure my cold feet under the sheetsEndure my rough breaths sawing through the night’s airMy tossing and turningMy hogging all the blanketsMy nightmare kicksMyContinue reading “Endure Me”
I never got hangry on a diet but my younger sister would turn evil! There were times when we’d plot to force her to eat a Twinkie – but never went through with it! Usually we didn’t have to as she’d self sabotage… Still I know how dieting can be so very hard. Good luck and I hope the salty is tempered with some sweet!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Haha. I like the idea is a touch of sweetness
Oh man! 7 days straight?! The people at my work were upset that we didnt get a half day the day before Thanksgiving lol. It was a professional development day, which means the kids stay home and teachers do things at school. Its a 4 day weekend for the kids. But our principal crammed the morning with meetings and training sessions and then at lunch said “we we started at 8 so feel free to leave at 2:30 instead of 3:30” the teachers were not happy cos we are salaried. The EAs are allowed to leave early cos they are hourly. I had a 7 hour drive (which turned into 9) so I left at 1 after arranging with the administrative assistant to take an unpaid half day…
LikeLiked by 1 person
Another sucky example of institutional ignorance on human motivation…
But Happy Thanksgiving!
Yeah it made the 6 of us who had to stay upset
But thank you!! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you too!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Good for you, Monty! I wish you success with the remaining 10 kg.
LikeLiked by 1 person