In celebration of National Poetry Month @murisopsis from A Different Perspective is once again hosting a poetic scavenger hunt. This year’s theme is “nonce” form poetry. What is nonce form poetry? Well, it’s basically a form that was created by a poet for their own use. What’s interesting about a nonce form is that if it is adopted by other poets and used more often it will no longer be considered a nonce form, but rather become recognized as a “valid” poetical form.
The scavenger hunt features thirteen nonce form challenges all to be completed within the month of April. I highly encourage you to check out the prompts and participate here.
Ok, now onto the third challenge…Inetersperse
Yet to Bloom
Tall, thorny and green
The rose bush yet to bloom
It’s green stems reaching tall
Drawing from my hands blood red
Awaiting her to bloom, her color known not yet
Perhaps a gentle pinkish white, a truly subtle rose
Or maybe matching my spilled red blood.
Weaving in the repetition of the end-words was harder than I anticipated, but I’m pretty happy with the result. This poem was inspired by yesterday’s garden project pictured below.
- HorizonBe well, Monty
- Wound UpWound Up Amorphous thoughts twirling and whirling; rushing through widening gaps in my failing damn mind! Splashing forcefully against blade; Spinning my wheels and gearsContinue reading “Wound Up”
- PlayfulBe well, Monty
- Dragon in FlightBe well, Monty
- All of MeAll of Me The beauty in God, as I am coming to understand Him, is that He is all knowing. That I don’t need toContinue reading “All of Me”
- Morning ConcertIt’s drizzling around me. I first noticed the patter upon the umbrella above. A little too heavy to be the mosquitos dancing. A little tooContinue reading “Morning Concert”
- The Day After YesterdayThe Day After Yesterday The morning is cool. The air is a fresh floral green.The light is bright beyond the shade tree’s shadow. My mindContinue reading “The Day After Yesterday”
- Another Floral PatternBe well, Monty
- Weave TooBe well, Monty
- WeaveBe well, Monty
- Painted FlowersPainted Flowers I bought these flowers for my wife yesterday. An early nod to Mother’s Day. Since we are having guests over at the houseContinue reading “Painted Flowers”
- On ExhibitBe well, Monty
- A Little More Than a DrizzleThe birds are insistent today. I don’t speak their language, but I get their point. It’s a brand new day and the wonder of thatContinue reading “A Little More Than a Drizzle”
- The HumanThe Human I saw the figure as I turned the corner —Cold, calloused, and oddly angled; Creepy. Nightmarish. A Human. It smelt something awful. MustContinue reading “The Human”
- StrangersBe well, Monty
- Another Garden DawdlerIt’s time for Rory’s Garden Dawdler again — nine questions posed once a week for our answering pleasure. Back in my garden and impressed withContinue reading “Another Garden Dawdler”
- FiguresBe well, Monty
- Willing and AbleWilling and AbleHe is willing, am I?Am I willing to let go, let God?To plant my seeds of doubtAnd trust faith will flourish? He isContinue reading “Willing and Able”
- An Exercise IIIBe well, Monty
- An Exercise IIBe well, Monty
- Under the Pi Pa TreeI’m sitting under the pi pa tree observing hundreds of yet to ripen fruits. I wonder what pi pa jam tastes like? It was justContinue reading “Under the Pi Pa Tree”
- An ExerciseBe well, Monty
- Morning RideMorning Ride Her arms wrapped around me,Wanting more, I sped up;She held on tighter;I smiled into the rushing wind,Wishing I could go faster. Mrs. MontyContinue reading “Morning Ride”
- An Old SketchAn Old Sketch What’s this?A tree yet to be.Or, If roasted,A fragrant snack. Be well, Monty
- This MorningThis Morning Dancing greensDroplets of pinksSet against a canvasOf subtle blue shades Be well, Monty
- Upon Every SunriseUpon Every Sunrise Sitting in the corner, quietly observingThe life of the party, I scroll throughMental images of those we’ve buried;Memories aged, blurred byTears, saltyContinue reading “Upon Every Sunrise”
- Sunlight Through Stained GlassBe well, Monty
- Selection of FloralsBe well, Monty
- My 2nd A to Z Challenge Reflection (#AtoZ)This was my second year doing the A to Z challenge and I’m two for two in terms of completion rate. This year’s theme wasContinue reading “My 2nd A to Z Challenge Reflection (#AtoZ)”
- My First A to Z Challenge Anniversary: Now We’ve Gone From A to Z…On this anniversary of my first A to Z challenge, I’m posting each of the illustrated “seriously silly poems” from my book Apples Eating ZebrasContinue reading “My First A to Z Challenge Anniversary: Now We’ve Gone From A to Z…”
- Z is for ZoomorphismZoomorphism is a literary technique in which animal attributes are imposed upon non-animal objects, humans, and events. literarydevices.net Well look at that. We’ve come allContinue reading “Z is for Zoomorphism”
Whoa! This is very good! The words flow and it took me a moment to find the end words repeated – they fit so naturally into the poem!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow! Very kind words. Thank you.