Wow! Another month of 2022 has wrapped-up already. I know February is the shortest month, but sheesh, it really flew by!
I want to give one last February shout-out to Sandra, from What Sandra Thinks for providing an inspiring list of prompts for the month. They were very open ended which provided nice flexibility of interpretation. While, I made some additional posts in addition to the daily prompt posts, it was nice to have a regular source of inspiration each day.
Here is a recap of the top three posts and the worst performer (based on number of views) for February.
No. 1: Get Your Golden Shovel (series)
The Stats: 67 views for top post (200+ views for all posts in the series)
The Gist: A poetry collaboration series based on the Golden Shovel form. Members of the writing and blogging community joined to provide some very creative content.
The Take-away: What a blast! I was super happy with the collaboration and had a fun time myself. This series will be back (in a slightly modified format for poetry month in April). Stay tuned and I encourage you to give it a try (it’s a great form for both established poets and newbies).
No. 2: Apples Eating Zebras
The Stats: 30 views
The Gist: A poem! This is actually another Golden Shovel poem but not part of the above mentioned series. I kinda got addicted to the form and was playing around with it on an ad-hoc basis.
The Take-away: I adore this poem. It was supper fun to write and even more fun to share. Thanks for all of the appreciation received. If you missed this one be sure to check it out!
No. 3: Daily Droppings: “You Knew?”
The Stats: 29 views
The Gist: This was the first post in the new series “Daily Droppings” which sourced its inspiration from Sandra of What Sandra Thinks. The prompt for this post was “You Knew?”. It tells the tale of a very serious violation of privacy.
The Take-Away: I’m not sure why this one performed stronger than the others in the series. Perhaps it’s just a result of being the first and getting a few extra views throughout the month.
The Flop: Daily Droppings: “Title”
The Stats: 6 views
The Gist: A shameless promotion of my five indie published titles.
The Take-away: You all apparently don’t appreciate shameless promotion. But I ask you, as an independent writer, how else to spread the word of my babies? It’s quite the dilemma. On the positive side, I did manage one sale this month (up from 0 for the past six months)! While the timing suggests it wasn’t related to this post, I’ll take it as a silver lining.
- Floral PatternsYesterday I shared some pictures from my garden. Today I generated some patterns from the images. I’ll share both the original image and then theContinue reading “Floral Patterns”
- A Flowery ResponseI’ve been busy of late. Plugging away in preparation for April’s upcoming A to Z Challenge. I’m actually quite pleased with my progress and feelContinue reading “A Flowery Response”
- #AtoZ in 2023 Theme RevealWell it’s coming on April and that means its time to prepare for another #AtoZChallenge. Last year was my first year participating and my themeContinue reading “#AtoZ in 2023 Theme Reveal”
- Sunday Morn’I was the first to awake today. Even Jack was still nestled into his bedding, nose to tail. He stretched long as he rose ,Continue reading “Sunday Morn’”
- April On My MindApril is coming which means there are almost too many choices for artistic expression. April is (inter)National Poetry Month and for the past few years,Continue reading “April On My Mind”
- She’s at PeaceI don’t have a poem or vignette to mark her passing. At least not right now. She was ill for quite some time so herContinue reading “She’s at Peace”
- Geometry at PlayBe well, Monty
- SalutationBe well, Monty
- ContemplationBe well, Monty
- Eden’s DanceBe well, Monty
- We Bowed Before HimThe ten monks chanted. They chanted a well worn script of prayer. Together, but not quite in unison. Resonating with the constant beat of theContinue reading “We Bowed Before Him”
- Tea Time RoseBe well, Monty
- Sunday Morning RubsJack brought his blanket over to hang out with me this morning. He asked and received his Sunday morning rubs. It’s nice to feel useful.Continue reading “Sunday Morning Rubs”
- Playing with ColorBe well, Monty
- Diary of a DayBrother borrowed the car yesterday and reversed into a semi-truck. The amount of damage was less than one would expect when considering the foe, butContinue reading “Diary of a Day”
- I Went Out to Hear Silence“I Went Out to Hear” – writing prompt from James Crews’ “Weekly Pause” – I went out to hear SilenceBut her voice shattered Slicing throughContinue reading “I Went Out to Hear Silence”
- Assembly LineBe well, Monty
- A Bold PalletBe well, Monty
- It’s All AlrightIf you noticed, I’ve been trying to get back into a bit of a writing groove this week. I don’t always have something to say,Continue reading “It’s All Alright”
- Peeking Around the CornerBe well, Monty
- Forest Night SkyBe well, Monty
- Winter in My BonesShanghai FEELS cold during these wet winter days. Much colder than the thermometer declares. It’s as if winter here is an inside-out affair. Starting inContinue reading “Winter in My Bones”
- These DaysThese days are muddy. I put one foot slowly in front of the other. I only know that I’ve moved forward by looking backward atContinue reading “These Days”
- Portrait on WallBe well, Monty
- Six FoldsSix Folds I fold ingots out of silver coated paper;A delicate duty for my clumsy fingers;The thin papers too easy to tear;The silver coating tooContinue reading “Six Folds”
- Forest to SkyBe well, Monty
- Salting the EarthSalting the Earth Torrents of tears flow down streaky cheeked hillsPuddling into overflowing pools under footSalting the earth barrenStripping soil of it’s soulHis body nowContinue reading “Salting the Earth”
- Portrait in BlueBe well, Monty
- Under the Earth’s ShadowI lay awake under the earth’s shadowGentle breathing curled at my feetA companion in this darknessHolding guard against The cold reality and coming lightFor I’mContinue reading “Under the Earth’s Shadow”
- Blue HeronBe well, Monty
- Endure MeEndure meEndure my cold feet under the sheetsEndure my rough breaths sawing through the night’s airMy tossing and turningMy hogging all the blanketsMy nightmare kicksMyContinue reading “Endure Me”