Paul, over at the Captain’s Speech hosted the first ever blogger games last year during the Summer Olympics. It was a fun time. The competition was fierce and although I made the podium once during the five week games, I didn’t place in the end. Well, the time is nigh for that to change. Peckapalooza from The Confusing Middle, one of my fellow contestants in the first games, has negotiated organizing rights with Paul and is hosting The Blogger Games II just in time to coincide with the winter games.The Blogger Games II – Week 5 (The Confusing Middle)
I tied for bronze last week, which I’m not going to complain about. I’m still very puzzled by Peckapalooza’s likes and dislikes. Now I understand why his blog is called The Confusing Middle. It’s not that I’m necessarily wrong with my answers, it’s just that the poor man is confused.
Ok, this is the last week. Let’s play!
THE 10 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. Growing up, Peckapalooza had a dog named Duchess. True/False?
Answer: False. I can’t imagine any child coming up with the name Duchess for their dog. Now it’s possible it was a family dog and named by an adult, but I’m going to stick with my gut and say false.
My first dog was named Peppie, which I just copied off of my Dad’s family who also had a dog named Peppie. In fact one Christmas when I was visiting my dad, my Christmas stocking had Peppie’s name written on the “back”. I was apparently borrowing his Christmas stocking. Very generous of him in hindsight, but I was a little put out at the time.
2. Peckapalooza’s first roller coaster was Busch Garden’s Loch Ness Monster. True/False?
Answer: True. So I went against my own policy and did some research on this. This is a big classic coaster from 1978 with loops. Not for the feint of heart. My first instinct was too say false if it was a big coaster as I think most kids will try something smaller first, but this is Peckapalooza and he doesn’t do things normal.
I don’t remember the name of my first coaster but it was at Disney World in Orlando, FL and it was a kiddie coaster.
3. Peckapalooza’s been successfully doing his own laundry since he was a freshman in high school. True/False?
Answer: True . Again, I’m going against my instinct which is nobody is that consistently successful. There has to be at least one disaster story with a chewed up sweater or missing sock. But hey, magic is real.
I did the laundry in a laundry mat since very young. At first with my mom, but later during HS she would drop me off and I’d do my homework while doing the laundry. Now I avoid it whenever I can.
4. Peckapalooza once at an entire Pop’s Sundae (for 4) on a bet and won. True/False?
Answer: False. Ok, so I fully believe that a Pop’s Sundae was consumed and Peckapalooza is the one that did it. I’m guessing it wasn’t on a bet though.
I’ve definitely eaten four servings of ice-cream on my own more than once or twice and never needed a bet as incentive. I can’t recall any food related bets, but I always wanted to do one of the curry rice challenges I saw in Japan. I love me some Japanese curry!
5. Peckapalooza’s first ever flight was to Istanbul in 2017? True/False?
Answer: False. That would be a doozie of a first flight, but I have a hard time thinking that Peckapalooza waited so long to get his wings.
My first flight was around 1979 to Florida at age six. The smoke on the plain was absolutely awful.
6. Peckapalooza was asked to help edit a book about the James Bond franchise. True/False?
Answer: True. Why not?
My mom is my editor for my books. She is a professional. I’m absolutely horrid at spelling and grammar. I’m working on it but it’s hard. Please forgive my errors.
7. Peckapalooza’s picture made the papers at age 5. True/False?
Answer: True. Part of me thinks that this is one of those stories that is true but it happened at the ripe old age of six or something. But…going with True.
I’m thinking I made the paper the first time by name in 7th or 8th grade for soccer. I definitely remember a picture in the paper during high school also for soccer.
8: Peckapalooza’s had over two dozen roommates throughout his life. True/False?
Answer: False. 24+ would be a lot of sharing for anyone.
Aside from sharing my room with my brother for awhile as a kid and with my wife now, I’ve only had three roommates in my life (I had the same roommate both Freshman and Sophomore years in college).
9. Peckapalooza celebrated two adult birthdays at Chuck E. Cheese. True/False?
Answer: False. Please, please be false!
I’m still recovering from the one time I visited Chuck E. Cheese for one of my kid’s friend’s birthday.
10) Peckapalooza only bone breaking experience was cracking his ribs due to coughing too hard in a fit of bronchitis. True/False?
Answer: True. Bronchitis is a rough sport.
I had a bad case of bronchitis. It was brutal but I didn’t crack any ribs. I’ve broken my wrist and my toes ( a couple times), but no big stories.
Well, that is a wrap. Thanks to Peckapalooza for hosting the fun. Despite my snarky comments, I think your a pretty cool dude and it’s been good to get to know you.
- Getting OrganizedI spent a couple hours in the early morning yesterday cleaning up my home workspace. I didn’t take a before picture but, trust me, itContinue reading “Getting Organized”
- The Greens are VibrantWe’ve entered the rainy season here in Shanghai. I believe today is the official first day, but we got a little head start. The greensContinue reading “The Greens are Vibrant”
- Reading LukeAt the recommendation of my brother I’m reading Luke in the Bible. I’ve tried to read the Bible before but I always got stuck earlyContinue reading “Reading Luke”
- Gone Bald (Again)I did it. I shaved it all off. This isn’t my first time. The first time was my senior year in high school. Or moreContinue reading “Gone Bald (Again)”
- UnstapledI took Mrs. Monty in to the hospital today to have her surgical staples removed. She was a trouper as she alway is. It clearlyContinue reading “Unstapled”
What can I say? I am a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma. Thanks for playing along each week!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Like a human turduckin! Haha. It’s been a pleasure. Thanks again for organizing and hosting.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Good luck on this final week, Monty! I’m going to be trying my hand at it in a day or so!
LikeLiked by 1 person
The podium is not completely out of reach for you. Perhaps we can share bronze? Haha.
LikeLiked by 1 person